Asian Inspired Meatballs Recipe
This Recipe Is:
|12||Appetizers||Delicious||Cook’s Delight® Simply Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate VG-878 and Cook’s Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate VG-776|
- 2 lbs. meatballs
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cook’s Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Flavor Concentrate
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch slurry (2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water)
- sesame seeds
- sliced green onions
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Simply Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate
1. Combine brown sugar, hoisin sauce, Cook’s Delight® Garlic Base, Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Base, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil, fresh ginger, red pepper flake, and black pepper in Instant Pot, slow cooker, dutch oven, etc. Stir to combine.
2. Add meatballs. Then pour in enough water so that all the meatballs are covered. Stir to combine.
3. Cook on low heat while covered for a minimum of 1 to 2 hours so that meatballs can absorb flavor. If using an Instant Pot, make sure that it is pressurized.
4. Remove lid. Turn temperature up to medium high and allow liquid to reduce to a third of its original volume. If using an Instant Pot, turn on Sautee function and monitor closely.
5. Add in cornstarch slurry while stirring vigorously.
6. Taste gravy to assess flavor. Add more Chipotle Base, black pepper, or hoisin sauce if necessary.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds & chopped green onion and serve.