Mixed Paella Recipe
A delightful ethnic recipe that satisfies a crowd. The blend of chicken, shrimp, clams and seasonings evokes visions of sitting at an outdoor Spanish terraza with a glass of Rioja.
This Recipe Is:
|8-10||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base CH-206|
- 1/2 tsp saffron - crushed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup salad shrimp - cooked and deveined
- 1 cup sea clams - cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika - smoked
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 3 bay leaves - dried
- 15 oz whole tomatoes - crush
- 1 small onion - minced
- 7 cups Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock (mix 7 cups hot water with 7 tsp Cook’s Delight Supreme Chicken Soup Base)
- 2 1/2 cups short-grain rice - preferably Valencia or Bomba -Arborio can be used
- 9 oz frozen peas
- 1 red pepper - cut into strips
- 1 tsp pimiento
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Classic Clam Soup Base
1. Put crushed saffron and 1/4 cup hot water in a small bowl, let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Season chicken with 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a 16-18” paella pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add chicken and cook until brown, turning occassionally.
5. Add remaining paprika, garlic, pimento, bay leaves, tomatoes and onions to pan and cook. Stir often until onions are softened about 6 minutes.
6. Add saffron mixture and Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Sprinkle in rice and distribute evenly.
8. Add peas and peppers. Cook without stirring, until rice has absorbed most of the liquid 15-20 minutes. Rotate your pan every 2 minutes, if it is larger than the burner to cook rice evenly.
9. Reduce heat to low, add cooked salad shrimp and cooked sea clams.
10. Cook 5-10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed and rice is al dente.
11. Remove from heat, cover with aluminum foil and let sit 5 minutes before serving.