Mom’s Sage Stuffing Recipe
This delicious stuffing recipe has been handed down over generations and is a favorite during the holidays. Recipe uses Cook’s Delight® Turkey Soup Base to enhance the combination of flavors. It’s super easy to make and can easily feed a crowd by converting the recipe to a larger size.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Sides||Delicious||Cook’s Delight® Simply Turkey Base OM-852|
- 2 quarts of day old bread (about 12 cups) torn into 2 inch pieces — leave bread out on counter over night the night before
- 1 1/2 cups milk - heated to just before boiling
- 2 tsps Cook’s Delight® Turkey Base
- 1 cup celery - chopped
- 1/2 cup onion - chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter/olive oil mixture
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsps ground sage or 4 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
Cook’s Delight® Simply Turkey Soup Base OM-852
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Mix turkey base into milk. Add mixture to bread, mix lightly and set aside.
2. Saute celery and onion until onion is translucent and set aside.
3. Mix egg into bread mixture by hand. Mixture should be moist.
4. Mix in celery and onion.
5. Add sage and pepper.
6. If mixture needs more liquid, make a mixture of 1 cup hot water with 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Turkey Base. Add as needed. Bread need not fall apart.
7. Stuff the turkey.