Braised Short Ribs with Celery Root Puree Recipe
A combination of beef short ribs and celery root puree makes this recipe a real winner. Cook’s Delight® Supreme Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate and Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base provide the perfect foundation for this dish.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Delicious||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate VG-776|
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base BF-215
- 8 – 3 to 4 inch-long meaty beef short ribs (about 3 1/2 pounds) - top membrane trimmed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - quartered
- 2 celery stalks - cut in half
- 1 carrot - cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Cook’s Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 4 teaspoons Cooks Delight® Beef Soup Base
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter - room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add ribs; cook until brown, turning often, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Add onions, celery, carrot, and Cook’s Delight® Garlic Concentrate to pot; sauté until vegetables are brown, scraping bottom of pot often, about 7 minutes.
3. Return ribs and any juices from bowl to pot. Add wine and bring to boil. Add Cooks Delight® Beef Soup Base and water. Bring to simmer. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
4. Mix butter and flour in small bowl to form a smooth paste. Using tongs, transfer ribs to large bowl; cover. Strain cooking liquid; discard solids. Return cooking liquid to pot. Whisk in flour mixture. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 7 minutes.
5. Return ribs to sauce. Stir in parsley and thyme. Cover; simmer just until ribs are heated through, about 5 minutes.
6. Spoon Celery Root Puree onto center of 4 plates. Top each with 2 ribs and serve.