Celery Root Puree Recipe
Celery Root Puree is an excellent accompaniment to short ribs, chicken, salmon or beef. The flavor is mild and pleasant and Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base provides background notes. It is a worthy competitor to mashed potatoes.
This Recipe Is:
|8||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base BF-215|
- 3 tspn Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base
- 6-8 cups water – enough to cover celery root and potatoes
- 2 lbs. celery root - peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium to large russet potatoes - peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp butter
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Simply Beef Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Peel and chop celery root and potatoes and cut into chunks.
2. Put in a stock pot and cover with water, about 6-8 cups.
3. Add 3 tsp Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base to stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat.
4. Reduce heat to medium high and cook until tender – about 20 minutes.
5. When vegetables are tender, drain.
6. Add butter to a mixing bowl and transfer celery and potatoes to the mixing bowl.
7. Mix while adding heavy whipping cream to desired consistency.