Black Bean and Espresso Chili Recipe
Black Bean Chili recipe has a combination of espresso flavors, spices and heat from Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Pepper Concentrate for a twist on traditional chili. Chipotle Pepper base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|8-10||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant-Based||Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Pepper Concentrate VG-878|
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 large onions - chopped
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1/4 cup dried oregano leaves
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves - minced
- 7 – 15-ounce cans black beans - rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Flavor Concentrate
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
Cook’s Delight® Simply Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Mix in espresso powder, 1/4 cup chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook 1 minute.
2. Mix in tomatoes, honey or sugar, and garlic. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Add beans, 2 cups water, salt, Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate, and cinnamon. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered until mixture thickens slightly, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Season with salt.
4. Ladle chili into bowl and serve toppings alongside.