Drunken Shroom Poutine
This variation on a traditional poutine recipe incorporates steak, mushrooms, and Porter beer along with Cook’s Delight® Mushroom Flavor Concentrate. As a result, this combination enhances the flavor of the dish tenfold. Easily scale up this recipe to feed a crowd.
Select soup bases are available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Appetizer||Delicious||Cook’s Delight® Simply Mushroom Flavor Concentrate VG-272|
- 2 cups Cook’s Delight® Mushroom Stock (2 cups boiling water combined with 1 1/2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Mushroom Flavor Concentrate)
- 12 oz Porter beer
- 1 sweet onion - diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 lb crimini mushrooms - sliced
- 1 stick of butter
- cheese curds
- grilled steak - sliced thin
- fresh thyme - garnish
- French fries
Cook’s Delight® Simply Mushroom Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Pork Soup Base
1. Melt half of the butter over medium heat and sauté the onion until it begins to turn translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook another 8-10 minutes.
3. Add the remaining butter and melt before adding the flour.
4. Mix well while adding the Porter beer, Cook’s Delight® mushroom stock, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
5. Simmer about 10 minutes.
6. Season to taste and serve over fries with cheese curds with grilled steak and garnish with fresh thyme.