Chicken Enchiladas Instant Pot® Recipe
These easy to make chicken enchiladas won’t disappoint! This recipe makes 18 enchiladas but is easily scalable to make more or less. Use 3 different settings on your Instant Pot® for a delicious meal. Corn tortillas make this a gluten free delight! Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base boosts the background flavor.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|18||Entree||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Base CH-206|
- 2 1/4 lbs chicken meat (approximately 3 medium boneless skinless breasts - You can also use shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock (1 cup water and 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small can (approx 4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 16 oz salsa verde
- 1 tbsp cilantro + extra for garnish
- 28 oz enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheese (4 cheese Mexican combination or cheddar)
- tortillas (use corn for gluten free)
- Optional garnish - cheese - lettuce - sour cream - green onion - cilantro - black olives
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
1. Combine 1 tsp of Cook's Delight® Chicken Soup Base and 8 oz of boiling water to make 1 cup chicken stock.
2. Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot®. Use rack if you have one but it is not necessary. Pour chicken stock into pot.
3. Put lid on and set to Manual pressure cook for 15 minutes. After done release naturally for 5 minutes. Then release manually with quick release changing valve to venting.
4. Remove chicken and place on cutting board. Reserve 1 cup of chicken stock and discard the rest.
5. Shred the chicken with two forks.
6. Turn Instant Pot® on sauté function. Add oil, onion, green chiles and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent, stir constantly. About 5 minutes.
7. Add shredded chicken, salsa verde, cilantro and chicken stock and stir to incorporate.
8. Change Instant Pot® setting to slow cook and heat through, stirring occasionally.
9. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pour some enchilada sauce into a small skillet and heat. This will be used to dip tortillas into before filling.
Microwave tortillas in paper towel to soften.
With tongs, dip tortillas one at a time in the sauce then place on a plate and spoon in some chicken mixture.
Roll up tortilla and place in lightly greased baking dish.
Repeat steps 10-13 until all enchiladas are made. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas.
Top with desired amount of cheese and bake in oven until cheese has melted. Serve with optional garnish.