Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Do you have leftover baked potatoes? This is a delicious way to repurpose them! Gluten free recipe with great flavor! Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Chicken Soup Base flavors the stock without a lot of added salt. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Simply Low Sodium Chicken Soup Base CH-809|
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Stock (mix 2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base with 2 cups boiling water)
- 4 green onions - finely chopped (separate the white and the green)
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese - grated
- 6 slices bacon - fried crisp
- 1/2 cup sour cream - stir well
- white pepper
Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Simply Chicken Soup Base CH-809
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
1. Scrub potatoes well and bake until fork tender. Do not wrap in foil or microwave. Cook in 400 degree oven. Cut cooked potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out the insides and put the potato shells back into the oven to crisp. Fry the bacon until very crisp, drain and reserve until ready to serve the soup.
2. Heat the milk and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Stock. Add salt and pepper and simmer over low heat.
3. Stir the potato insides into the hot milk mixture – mash as you go. Add the white part of the green onion to the soup and let simmer.
4. Add the grated cheese. While it is melting, finely chop the crisp potato peels and stir them into soup. Stir in the bacon and ladle into individual bowls.
5. Grate cheese, mince green onion, and stir the sour cream. Keep them separate and on hand. Use as garnish for individual soup bowls. Swirl in sour cream and top with green onions. Serve immediately.