Pork Molé Poutine Recipe
Pork Molé Poutine adds an Ethnic twist to the traditional poutine. Substitute grilled pork or chicken for the pulled pork for additional selections on your menu. This recipe can be easily scaled up. Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base, Pork Soup Base or Vegetable Soup Base enhance the flavor of this unique recipe. The choice is up to you! Vegetable and Chicken soup bases are available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Appetizer||Ethnic||Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth CH-1004|
- 2 cups Cook’s Delight® Organic Chicken Stock (1 cup boiling water combined with 2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth)
- 2 dried guajillo chiles - stemmed and seeded
- 2 dried ancho chiles - stemmed and seeded
- 2 dried mulato chiles - stemmed and seeded
- 2 corn tortillas - torn in pieces
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/2 c pepitos (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 tablet Abuelitos hot chocolate
- 2 large tomatoes - diced
- 1 sweet onion - diced
- 4 garlic cloves - diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pulled pork (or grilled pork or chicken)
- cheese curds
- roasted corn
- sliced Serrano pepper and cilantro (garnish)
- French fries
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Toast chiles in a dry pan until aromatic.
2. Heat Cook’s Delight® chicken stock in a saucepan then add to chiles in a blender.
3. In a large sauce pan, heat the lard and sauté the tortilla, pepitos and raisins until the raisins are plump. Add to the blender.
4. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cumin and cloves. Cook until tomatoes being to blacken then add to the blender.
5. Blend well and return to saucepan and simmer over low heat.
6. Add the chocolate, sugar and salt to taste. Simmer until well combined.
7. Serve over fries with pulled pork, grilled pork or chicken. Top with cheese curds, roasted corn, sliced Serrano pepper and cilantro.