Easy Lentil Soup Recipe
Delicious and nutritious for those interested in clean eating. This lentil soup is chock full of vegetables and clean label Cook’s Delight® Organic Non-GMO Vegetable Soup Base (available on Amazon in individual quantities).
This Recipe Is:
|6||Lunch||Gluten Free if specialty pasta is used||Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Base VG-939|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots - peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- pepper to taste
- 1 can tomatoes - diced (14 1/2 oz.)
- 1 package lentils (16 oz.)
- 10 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Base
- 11 cups water
- 5 sprigs thyme - fresh
- 2/3 cups dried pasta (such as
- 1 cup parmesan - fresh shredded (optional)
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add pepper and tomatoes with juices. Simmer and stir occasionally until tomatoes are incorporated about 7-8 minutes. Stir in lentils.
2. Add Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Base, water and thyme. Stir occasionally and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes, until lentils are almost tender.
3. Add the pasta and simmer until pasta is al dente (tender but not mushy).
4. Serve with parmesan cheese, optional.