Broccoli, Celery and Red Pepper Soup Recipe
Very flavorful vegetarian soup that is easy to make. The combination of red pepper, broccoli, celery, and Cook’s Delight® vegetable stock is enticing to even the pickiest eaters. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Low Sodium Vegetable Soup Base VG-840|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 3 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Broth (mix 1 1/2 tsp. of Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base with 3 cups of hot water)
- 7 ounces broccoli - chopped
- 3 ounces celery - chopped
- 6 ounces red pepper - chopped
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used a combination of 2% and skim)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese - cubed
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Low Sodium Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Simply Roasted Red Bell Pepper Flavor Concentrate
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a stock pot.
2. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Broth and broccoli, celery, and red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
5. Remove vegetables from stock pot. You can do this by putting a colander into a large bowl and straining broth.
6. Put the broth back into the stockpot.
7. Use a food processor to puree the vegetables. Return the pureed vegetables to stockpot.
8. Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to the soup in the stockpot.
9. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
10. Stir in black pepper. Add cheese and remove from heat. Stir until cheese melts.