Irish Beef Stew Recipe
Irish Beef Stew is a hearty cold weather dish using Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base as a foundation flavor. Onions, carrots, garlic, potatoes and celery give this stew its well-rounded flavor.
This Recipe Is:
|4||DInner||Gluten Free if flour is excluded||Cook’s Delight® Simply Beef Soup Base BF-823|
- 1 1/2 pound boneless beef cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 peeled clove garlic - minced
- 3 tbsps fat or salad oil
- 1 cup minced onions
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 8 pared small carrots
- 4 pared small white potatoes
- 1/2 pound string beans
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Cook’s Delight® Simply Beef Base
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Roll meat in flour. Cook garlic in oil in a deep kettle for 2 minutes. Add meat and brown.
2. Add onions, and cook for 4 minutes while stirring. Remove meat; add 1 tbsp oil and brown 2 tbsp flour in it.
3. Stir in boiling water and cook until thickened. Add 2 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base, meat, bay leaf, and celery seed. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
4. Add carrots, potatoes, and beans cut crosswise. Cover, simmer tender – about 20-30 minutes. Add parsley.