Shrimp With Chili & Beer Sauce Recipe
A unique and delicious Caribbean recipe that’s packed with flavor! Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Base combined with spices, beer and honey create a delicious flavor combination. Try it out at your next party!
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Gluten Free if beer is excluded||Cook’s Delight Supreme Shrimp Base SF-228|
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 6 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 30 uncooked large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (16 oz) lager beer
- 5 teaspoons Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Soup Base
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- Cooked rice
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Shrimp Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, black pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper and stir for 1 minute.
2. Add shrimp and sauté 1 minute. Stir in beer. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add Cooks Delight® Shrimp Base, water, Worcestershire sauce, and honey or sugar to skillet and boil until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups and coats the back of a spoon thinly, about 45 minutes.
4. Return shrimp to sauce and simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Serve with rice.