Roasted Corn Chowder with Bacon Recipe
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base provides the foundation flavor for this Roasted Corn Chowder. Delicious cream-based soup with a variety of vegetables and bacon. Easy-to-make chowder recipe that is gluten free.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base CH-206|
- 2 cups corn kernels - pan roasted
- 1/4 pound bacon - diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Base No Salt Added VG-940
Step by Step Instructions
1. Cook bacon until crisp and then drain. Save one tablespoon of bacon fat. Saute roasted corn and vegetables in bacon fat, until coated and partially cooked, about 5 minutes.
2. Add Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base, cream and milk to saucepan and heat through. Do not boil. Add vegetables to milk mixture and heat to simmer.
3. Mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually add to chowder, stir constantly to avoid clumping, until desired thickness is reached. Heat through on low heat.
4. Add crumbled bacon, plus chopped chives, parsley or scallions, to each bowl for garnish.