Roasted Poblano Chicken Soup Recipe
Peppers and ethnic dishes continue to gain in popularity as more people are willing to experiment with different foods. Bring the heat up or down with this Roasted Poblano Chicken Soup to please your palate. This recipe can be easily scaled up. Cook’s Delight® clean label savory chicken soup base enhances the flavor of this delicious soup. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4-6||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Chicken Meat and Broth CH-1004|
- 6 poblano peppers (roasted
- peeled and diced)
- 8 tomatillos - roasted
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 6 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 quarts of Cook’s Delight® Organic Chicken Stock (combine 8 tsp Cook’s Delight® Organic Chicken Soup Base with 2 quarts of boiling water)
- 2 large grilled chicken breasts (grill ahead of time and set aside)
- 2 limes
- 1 T cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- red chili paste optional
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Bring 2 quarts of Cook’s Delight® Organic Chicken Stock to a rolling boil in a large stockpot and reduce to simmer.
2. Place poblano peppers on a foil lined cookie sheet in an oven set to HI broil. Turn to blacken on all sides and then remove, wrapping tightly in the foil and setting aside to steam for 5 minutes. Peel and remove seeds and dice to ½” . Add to soup stock in stockpot.
3. Dice sweet onion and mince the garlic and sauté until translucent with no oil, using small ladles of stock to prevent sticking. Add to stockpot.
4. Roast the corn and tomatillo under the broiler until lightly charred. Cut off the corn kernels and add to stockpot with the tomatillo.
5. Add cumin to stockpot.
6. Rough chop the cilantro and add to stockpot.
7. Simmer about ten minutes.
8. Cut the grilled chicken into cubes and add to stockpot.
9. Simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Juice the limes into the soup and add salt & pepper to taste, stir well.
11. Serve with red chili paste if you want to add heat.