Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Great vegetarian and gluten free recipe for Butternut Squash soup. Smooth soup seasoned with thyme and nutmeg and Cook’s Delight® vegetable soup stock. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|8||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter
- 5 1/2 pounds butternut squash (peeled
- cut into 3/4 – inch cubes - about 10 cups)
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 3 medium carrots - sliced thinly
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base
- 7 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add squash, onions, carrots, and thyme. Sauté until squash begins to soften and brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base, and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
3. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth; return to same pot. Stir in 1/3 cup chives and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional chives if desired.