Southwest Chicken Chili – Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipe
This flavorful blend of ingredients make this a very popular and easy to make dish for guests. Garnish chili with cheese, cilantro, onions or sour cream. Serve over rice for a alternative recipe. Cook’s Delight Chili Chipotle Pepper Concentrate and Ancho Pepper Concentrate soup base brings the heat to this delightful comfort food. Add more or less for your heat preference.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|12-16||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Chili Flavor Concentrate VG-878 and Ancho Pepper Concentrate VG-180|
- 4 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans - loosely drained
- 1 – 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans) - loosely drained
- 1 – oz can corn - drained
- 1 – 16 oz jar red salsa
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Flavor Concentrate VG-878
- 1/2 tbsp Cook's Delight® Ancho Pepper Concentrate
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 limes - juiced
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- oil (for sauteing)
- Serve with cheese and sour cream or over rice (optional)
Cook’s Delight® Simply Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Simply Ancho Pepper Concentrate
Juice 3 limes into a small dish.
Add 2 1/2 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Chipotle Flavor Concentrate and 1/2 tbsp Cook's Delight® Ancho Pepper Concentrate to the boiling water and stir to mostly dissolve to make Pepper Stock.
Sauté onions, red bell pepper and garlic in a small amount of oil.
Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot® or slow cooker.
Spread onion, pepper and garlic mixture over chicken breasts.
Sprinkle chili seasoning mix evenly on top.
Cover chicken breasts with salsa, lime juice, beans, corn, Chipotle/Ancho Pepper stock and diced tomatoes.
Top with chopped cilantro.
Place Instant Pot® lid on and turn knob to venting. If using a slow cooker, put lid on.
Cook on “Normal and More” for 7 hours. Open pot and remove chicken and shred chicken with a fork. Cook an additional 30 minutes or so.
Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream, optional.
Serve over rice, if desired.