Butternut Squash and Shrimp Soup Foodservice Recipe
This soup features our new Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base which is available on Amazon in individual quantities. The flavor combination of vegetables and shrimp stock provide a delicious background for this autumn soup. Try it with shrimp stock instead of vegetable stock for a twist on the recipe. Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Soup Base is also available on Amazon.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base VG-939|
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled
- deveined and thawed - can use pre-cooked shrimp
- if you like)
- 2 1/4 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion - diced small
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 large butternut squash
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter - unsalted
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Shrimp Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Bring water to boil and add Cook’s Delight® Vegetable soup base. Stir to combine then set aside.
2. Cut squash into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
3. In a pot, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout. If using pre-cooked shrimp, heat in butter. Remove, set aside and cover with foil.
4. On medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp to same pot and melt.
5. Add onion and chopped sage and cook until onion is softened, about 8 minutes.
6. Add squash, cayenne pepper and vegetable ale broth to the pot. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
8. Transfer half the mixture to a blender. Add sour cream and puree until smooth (use caution with hot liquids). Return to pot along with shrimp; stir to combine.