Thai Chicken Soup Recipe
Light and refreshing, this Thai Chicken Soup is packed with exotic flavors. Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base creates a clean, satisfying base perfect for building whatever flavors you want. Customize it however you want with various toppings; snap peas, shiitake mushrooms, shaved coconut, enoki mushrooms, or shredded carrots.
This Recipe Is:
|14||Lunch||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Simply Low Sodium Chicken Soup Base CH-809|
- 3 quarts chicken stock (Combine 3 quarts boiling water with 6 tsp Cook’s Delight® Simply Chicken Soup Base)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp grated zest
- 1 Tbsp juice from 1 lime
- 1 piece fresh ginger (peeled
- sliced thick
- and smashed–about 3 inches of ginger)
- 6 large garlic cloves - unpeeled and smashed
- 5 jalapeno chiles - halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 pound rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro - minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil - minced
- 5 medium scallions - sliced thin
- Lime wedges to serve
- Optional: snap peas
- shiitake mushrooms
- shaved coconut
- enoki mushrooms
- shredded carrot
Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Simply Chicken Soup Base CH-809
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
Step by Step Instructions
1. Bring 3 quarts of water to boil in a large Dutch oven and add 6 tsp Cook’s Delight® Simply Chicken Soup Base.
2. Simmer soup stock.
3. Add chicken, lime zest, garlic, ginger and chiles.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove chicken. Allow it to cool, then shred into small pieces.
6. Discard ginger, garlic and chiles.
7. Return broth to simmer, add rice noodles.
8. Reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes until noodles are tender.
9. Stir in shredded chicken, lime juice, cilantro, basil and scallions.
10. Add pepper to taste.
11. Serve with lime wedges.