Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe
Pick your favorite tortellini to combine with this recipe. Try it with different types of tortellini to add variety to your menu! Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base provides the perfectly flavored stock. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|8||Lunch||Gluten Free if appropriate pasta is used||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base CH-206|
- 1 – 16-oz bag of frozen tortellini
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 15 oz. Italian sausage
- 8 cups Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock (mix 8 tsp Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base with 8 cups boiling water)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 box of frozen spinach
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Step by Step Instructions
1. In a stockpot, saute butter and Italian sausage until lightly browned. Then add garlic and cook until it is just golden brown. Add Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock and half of the basil. Bring to a boil.
2. Add tortellini to boiling stock and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add frozen spinach and stewed tomatoes.
4. Turn off stove. Stir in Parmesan cheese and remaining half of basil, and let soup sit for about 10 minutes or until the spinach is hot.
5. Serve immediately. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top, if desired. Can be frozen.