Vegan Portobello “Steaks” Recipe
The savory flavor of the portobello mushroom is a delicious alternative to meat. Serve this recipe as a main dish, in a sandwich, or slice it up and put it in a salad. Healthy and delicious!
For your next vegan dinner, this vegan portobello mushroom steak recipe is perfect. It uses Cook’s Delight® Garlic Concentrate for an easy dish that’s plant-based and health conscious.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant based||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Roasted Garlic Concentrate VG-776|
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus oil for preparing the pan)
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps (5-6” diameter)
- 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
- 1 Tbsp Tamari (Japanese Soy Sauce)
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Simply Chipotle Chili Pepper Flavor Concentrate
Step by Step Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in center of oven. Oil shallow roasting pan large enough for mushroom caps in one layer.
2. Wipe caps, lightly with damp paper towel. Remove stems so caps sit flatly in pan. Tap mushrooms, gill side down to remove any dirt in crevices. Arrange in pan, gill side down.
3. Combine oil, tamari and vinegar in a small bowl. Use a fork to emulsify the oil by whisking. Mix in Cook’s Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate. Liberally brush mixture on tops and sides of caps.
4. Roast 5-6 min until color of tops and edges deepens. Flip, stir oil mixture and brush bottoms. Roast until tender 3-5 min. They will look slightly collapsed. Serve immediately, whole or sliced.