Chive & Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Chive & Cheese Mashed Potatoes are a great accompaniment to your holiday menu. Adding Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base to the recipe creates a unique and delicious flavor profile. Check out Cook’s Delight® Taste Lifts for additional suggestions of ways to incorporate Cook’s Delight® soup bases and flavor concentrates into your dishes. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Sides||Gluten Free, Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base CH-206|
- 4 lbs large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tbsp)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chives - snipped
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Put potatoes in a large stockpot, add water to cover by 2 inches.
2. Add 1 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base to the water.
3. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork – 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Drain well and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Mash well. A potato ricer can be used over a large bowl in batches.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Butter the sides and bottom of 2-quart baking dish.
8. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm half-and-half, butter and 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base until the butter melts and small bubbles appear along the edges of the pan. Remove from the heat.
9. Add the mixture to the potatoes and stir until just combined.
10. Add 1 cup of the cheese and 3 tbsp. of the chives and stir until just combined.
11. Season with pepper.
12. Spoon into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
13. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
14. Bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
15. Let stand for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chives and serve.