Vodka Shrimp Poutine
Vodka Shrimp Poutine is an upscale variation on traditional poutine. Substitute lobster or scallops for the shrimp in order to add additional selections for your menu. Just add water to Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Soup Base or Lobster Soup Base to create the soup stock for this recipe. This recipe can also be easily scaled up. Shrimp soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Appetizer||Delicious||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Shrimp Soup Base SF-828|
- 1 cup Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Stock (1 cup boiling water combined with 3/4 tsp Cook’s Delight® Shrimp Soup Base)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 sweet onion - finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves - finely diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- roasted cherry tomatoes
- cooked shrimp (can substitute lobster or scallops)
- chives or fresh basil (garnish)
- French fries
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Shrimp Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Simply Lobster Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Melt the butter over medium heat and add oil.
2. Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add vodka and reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and Cook’s Delight® shrimp stock.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the cream.
7. Season to taste and serve over fries with roasted cherry tomatoes and cooked shrimp.
8. Garnish with chives or fresh basil.