Quinoa and Garbanzo Bean Salad
Combine quinoa, broccoli and garbanzo beans with flavorful spices and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base for this popular vegan salad that is packed with protein and goodness. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
CuisineSouth American, Mediterranean
This Recipe Is:
|4-5||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant based||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base
- 1 – 15 oz. can garbanzo beans - drained
- 3/4 cup broccoli - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Bring a small pan of water to boil and blanch the broccoli. Set aside.
2. Bring water, quinoa and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Empty the cooked quinoa into a mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Stir until evenly mixed.
4. If desired, season to taste with salt and black pepper before serving.