Beef Pot Roast Recipe
This classic roast recipe is a hearty meal and true comfort food. The Cook’s Delight® beef soup base adds a delicious background flavor to the beef, vegetables, and spices.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|4||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base BF-215|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 - 3 lb boneless beef roast
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups onions - cut into chunks
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 cups beef stock (Combine 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Beef Soup Base with 2 cups boiling water to make beef stock)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large carrots - peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes - peeled & cut into chunks
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Beef Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Simply Beef Base
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Put olive oil in a dutch oven and heat it on the stove over medium heat.
Put roast in pan and add pepper to the roast.
Cook roast until it is browned on all sides.
Remove roast from pan and set aside.
Put onions into pan and sauté until tender.
Return roast to pan and add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the potatoes and carrots.
Bring to simmer. Cover dutch oven and put into the oven for 1 - 1/2 hours, until roast is almost tender.
Add potatoes and carrots and cook an additional 1 hour until vegetables are tender.
Discard thyme springs and bay leaf and serve.