Gravy using Cook’s Delight® Soup Bases and Flavor Concentrates
It’s easy to make flavorful gravies with Cook’s Delight Soup Bases and Flavor Concentrates. Don’t limit yourself to the standard flavors of chicken, beef, and turkey. Branch out and try combining some of our flavors together, such as Chipotle Chicken blend or Garlic Beef blend. This recipe can easily be scaled up. Select Cook’s Delight® soup bases are available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Sides||Vegan, Vegetarian||Any Cook’s Delight® Soup Base|
- 4 cups water – to be used for gravy
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cook’s Delight® soup base or flavor concentrate
- 1/2 cup cold water – to be combined with corn starch to make slurry
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- add ground pepper if desired
Cook's Delight® Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
Cook’s Delight® Simply Beef Base
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
Step by Step Instructions
1. Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add Cook’s Delight® soup base or flavor concentrate to boiling water and whisk to incorporate.
3. Reduce heat to simmer while preparing slurry.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and cold water to make slurry.
5. Bring heat on simmering soup stock to medium and slowly add corn starch slurry to the saucepan. Continually stir until gravy thickens, approximately 2-3 minutes.