Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
Broccoli cheddar soup is the perfect comfort food. This easy to make recipe is a quick meal that is sure to please everyone. Use Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base or Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base to make the stock.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|4||Lunch||Easy-to-make||Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base VG-939|
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 lbs fresh chopped broccoli
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large minced garlic clove
- 3 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5 cups Cook's Delight® Vegetable Soup Stock (combine 4 tsp Cook's Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base with 5 cups boiling water)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
1. Melt 4 tbsp butter in medium pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add broccoli, onion, carrot, pepper and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, until flour is blonde color.
4. Add soup stock and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 13-15 minutes.
5. Turn down burner to low heat and add half and half and cheddar cheese.
6. Puree soup with an immersion blender.
7. Serve the soup hot.