Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
This recipe for cold cucumber soup is both gluten free and vegetarian. Great summertime option for a creamy soup when cucumbers are plentiful in the gardens. Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base makes a delicious soup stock for this recipe. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Base VG-174|
- 1 pound chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 qt Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Stock (mix 4 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegan Chicken Style Soup Base with 1 qt of boiling water)
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pepper to taste
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Peel cucumber and chop in 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Melt butter or margarine in large, heavy saucepan. Stir in onions and saute for two minutes. Add cucumber, Cook’s Delight® Vegan Chicken Style Soup Stock, vinegar and dill weed. Bring to a boil.
3. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Cool.
4. Puree in blender. Stir in sour cream and chill for several hours.
5. Serve with a teaspoon of sour cream and some chopped cucumbers for garnish.