Butternut Squash and Pear Soup Recipe
Delicious and nutritious winter squash is the star here and pairs beautifully with the sweet pear and fragrant rosemary. The orange zest adds a nice bright note to this classic winter soup that’s easy to make and sure to please. Versatile Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base enhances the delicate flavor of this soup recipe. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|10-12||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan||Cook’s Delight® Simply Vegan Vegetable Soup Base VG-837|
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion - diced
- 1 butternut squash - peeled and sliced
- 2 large pears (peeled
- cored and sliced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 6 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Stock or Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Stock (to make soup stock
- combine 1/2 – 3/4 tsp Cook’s Delight® soup base per 1 cup of hot water)
- 2-3 tsp orange zest
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Drizzle the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a stock pot and sauté the sweet onion until translucent, add the pear and sauté until onion turns golden.
3. Add the remaining ingredients along with the squash and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer in batches to a blender or food processor.
5. Garnish with fresh rosemary.