Grandma’s Curried Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Curry Butternut Squash soup will warm you up during the cold weather. Delightful blend of curry, spices and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock make this gluten free and vegetarian soup a treat. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|6||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant based, Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-837|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups 1/2 to 3/4 -inch cubes peeled butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Plain yogurt (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add curry powder and cayenne pepper; stir for 30 seconds. Add squash, Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base, and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer until squash is very tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Puree soup in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pot. Season with salt and pepper; adding more cayenne pepper if desired.
4. Ladle soup into bowls; top with dollop of yogurt, if desired, and cilantro.