Chicken Tortilla Soup Using a Vitamix Recipe
Use your leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken in this quick and flavorful gluten free recipe. Cook’s Delight® chicken soup stock enhances the background flavor. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|2||Lunch||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Simply Chicken Soup Base CH-809|
- 3 cups Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock (3 cups boiling water with 3 tsp. Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base)
- 1 Roma tomato - halved
- 1 carrot - halved
- 1 stalk celery - halved
- 1 slice onion - thin
- 1 garlic clove - peeled
- 1 slice yellow squash - thin
- 1 slice red bell pepper - thin
- 1 slice cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- cumin - dash
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast - chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno
- Optional: 2 oz tortilla chips
Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Simply Chicken Soup Base CH-809
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Base No Salt Added VG-940
Step by Step Instructions
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix in the order listed through and including cumin. Secure lid.
2. With machine turned off, select variable speed 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
5. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
6. Drop in chicken, jalapenos, olives and chips through the lid plug opening.
7. Blend for 10 seconds.