Navy Bean and Potato Soup Recipe
This very popular recipe for Navy Bean and Potato Soup combines ham meat with Cook’s Delight® Ham Soup Base for well rounded flavor. The recipe is very easy to make and a great use for the leftover ham from holiday dinners. This is a delicious comfort food recipe.
This Recipe Is:
|6||Lunch||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Simply Ham Soup Base OM-844|
- 2 cups dry navy beans
- 2 tablespoons Cook’s Delight® Ham Soup Base
- 2 cups chopped and peeled potatoes
- 1 (or more) cups chopped ham (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarse shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
Cook’s Delight® Simply Ham Soup Base OM-844
Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Supreme Ham Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Rinse dry navy beans.
2. In a Dutch oven or 3-quart saucepan, combine beans and 5 cups of water.
3. Cover pan; let stand in a cool place overnight.
1. Or if you don’t have time to soak the beans, combine the beans and water in a pot. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour and then drain.
2. Add 7 1/2 cups fresh water. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and cook over medium heat while covered for 1 hour or until beans are nearly tender.
3. Add potato, onion, carrot, ketchup, Cook’s Delight® Ham Soup Base, pepper, and ham.
4. Return mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes or until beans and vegetables are tender.
6. Mash beans and vegetables slightly, if desired.