White Chicken Chili Recipe
Chicken chili is a delicious alternative to chili recipes using beef. This delightful comfort food is easy-to-make. Clean label Cook’s Delight® Chicken Soup Base adds a savory background flavor to this recipe. Chicken soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4-5||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base with Organic Chicken Meat & Broth CH-1004|
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3 – 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans - rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 tsp Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base with Organic Chicken Meat & Broth CH-1004
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 – 4 oz cans green chili peppers - diced
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Step by Step Instructions
1. Cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil until onion is tender but not brown.
2. Stir in cumin, oregano, ground red pepper and cloves. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Combine Organic Chicken Soup Base and water to create chicken stock.
4. Stir in the beans, chili peppers and chicken stock.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered for five minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken, heat the mixture through.
7. Ladle chili into bowls or mugs.
8. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Dollop sour cream and additional chilies, if desired.