Pasta e Fagioli Soup Recipe
A combination of beans and pasta with spices and Cook’s Delight® vegetable soup stock unite for a flavorful soup. Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base is available on Amazon in individual quantities. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Vegetarian, Gluten Free if appropriate pasta is used||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1 cup dried small white beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 10 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (mix 7 1/2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base with 10 cups of hot water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary - crushed
- 1 cup small pasta (such as orzo or small shells)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Additional extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Wash the beans. In a large pot, cover them with cold water. Soak for 8 hours. Drain into a colander.
1. In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft.
2. Add the beans and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Stock. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, add the rosemary, and simmer 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
3. Raise heat to high, add the pasta, and cook until al dente.
4. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve accompanied by grated Parmesan cheese, (optional) and the optional extra-virgin olive oil.