Pasta e Fagioli Soup Recipe
A combination of beans and pasta with spices and Cook’s Delight® vegetable soup stock unite for a flavorful soup. Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Vegetarian, Gluten Free if appropriate pasta is used||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1 cup dried small white beans
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 10 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (mix 7 1/2 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base with 10 cups of boiling water)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary - crushed
- 1 cup small pasta (such as orzo or small shells)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Additional extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Wash the beans. In a large pot, cover them with cold water. Soak for 8 hours. Drain into a colander.
After the beans have been prepared overnight - Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft.
Add the beans and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Stock to pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low, add the rosemary, and simmer 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
Raise heat to high, add the pasta, and cook until al dente -- approximately 10 minutes.
Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with the chopped parsley.
Serve accompanied by grated Parmesan cheese and extra-virgin olive oil (optional).
Watch how easy it is to make 8 oz of soup stock for pennies per serving!
To make 10 cups of organic vegetable stock combine 7 – 1/2 tsps Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable stock base with 10 cups of boiling water.
Each 1 pound container of Cook’s Delight® soup base makes the equivalent of 22 – 32 oz boxes of liquid stock.