Salsa Verde for Tacos
Do you have an abundance of green tomatoes left over from your garden? This is an easy-to-make and great tasting recipe for salsa verde that can be combined with ground beef for a tasty meal. Taco Tuesday will be a hit! Scale up the recipe and freeze it for later use.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base #CH-206|
- 1 - 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb green tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper with seeds (add more if desired)
- 1 cup onions
- 2 cups Cook's Delight® Chicken Soup Broth (combine 2 tsp Cook's Delight® Chicken Soup Base with 2 cups boiling water)
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Chicken Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Chicken Base made with Organic Meat and Broth
1. Chop tomatoes and onions.
2. Mince jalapeno peppers and garlic.
3. Combine all ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. For tacos - brown meat with 1/2 cup chopped onion and drain any fat. Add 1 1/2 cups of salsa verde and 1/2 can chopped black olives and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite taco fixings - lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream, cheese and more!
You can scale up salsa verde recipe and freeze for future use. Makes a great option for a quick meal!