Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
Smooth and creamy celery soup is a vegetarian recipe that is flavored with Cook’s Delight® vegetable soup stock. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|4-5||Lunch||Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 2-1/4 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (2 1/4 cups water plus 1-1/2 tsp of Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base)
- 9 ounces celery - chopped
- 3 ounces carrots - chopped
- 2 ounces onions - chopped (I combined white and purple onions)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1-1/8 cups milk
- 1-1/8 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
1. Combine water and Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot. Medium heat.
3. Heat the milk and cream. Whisk in the flour and pepper and heat until hot.
4. Put butter into stock pot with vegetables.
5. Pour the milk/cream mixture into stock pot and mix in well.
6. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
7. Strain out vegetables and reserve liquid stock in the stock pot.
8. Put vegetables in a blender and blend until smooth.
9. Return vegetables back to stock pot and reheat the soup.