Summer Soup Foodservice Recipe
This Summer Soup recipe comes straight from the garden. Combine fresh vegetables with vegetable stock made from Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base for rich vegetable flavor. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|6||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Low Sodium Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-840|
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 cups cucumbers - peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup minced green pepper
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes (peeled
- seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (mix 5 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base with 5 cups boiling water)
- 2 ripe avocados - peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Low Sodium Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. In a 6 quart pan, melt the butter or margarine and add chopped onion.
2. Saute for 3-4 minutes, add the flour and mix well.
3. Add cucumbers, green pepper, tomatoes, salt and pepper, stirring briskly.
4. Stir in the Cook’s Delight® Chicken Stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Cool, then puree in a blender 1/4 at a time.
5. Chill, if it is to be served cold. If it is served hot, return to the stove and heat thoroughly. Season to taste. Peel and dice the avocados finely and add to soup, stirring briskly. Stir in cream. Soup should be served very cold or very hot.