Thai Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe
This tasty fall soup using the popular ingredient pumpkin is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The blend of lemongrass, ginger, coriander and clean label Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base provide an unbeatable combination of flavors. Comfort food at its finest! Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|4||Sides||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant Based||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 lbs butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger grated
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 cups vegetable stock made with Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Base 839
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Remove the roots and stalky ends from the cilantro. Wash the leaves and dry in a salad spinner or paper towel before roughly chopping. Wash the roots and stalks well to remove any dirt clinging to the roots. Shake off any water and finely chop.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
4. Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped cilantro leaves reserving some to garnish the soup. Blend until the soup is speckled with flecks of green.
6. Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. Add half the milk, reserving the rest for garnish. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining cilantro leaves.