Vegan Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe
Although this recipe takes a little time to prepare, it is worth the effort! It is a real favorite for large gatherings and anyone can enjoy it since it’s vegan! Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base enhances the flavor. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|8||Lunch||Gluten Free, Vegan, Plant based||Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base VG-939|
- 2 – 15 oz cans garbanzo beans - drained
- 1/4 cup red onion - chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 plum tomatoes - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
- 1 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Place potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons of Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Base.
2. Bring water to a boil and boil potatoes until they are softened but not falling apart. About the consistency for potato salad. Drain and let cool. Cut into small pieces about the size of the garbanzo beans.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients including potatoes.
4. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Can be made the day before and refrigerated.