Crab and Corn Chowder With Chanterelle Mushrooms Recipe
This rich chowder combines the flavors of crab with fresh corn and chanterelle mushrooms. Additional spices, vegetables and Cook’s Delight® Crab Soup Base and Ham Soup Base come together to create this hearty chowder.
Are you a home user looking for a natural soup broth?
Cook’s Delight® soup broth concentrate is available on Amazon
This Recipe Is:
|6||Dinner||Gluten Free||Cook’s Delight® Supreme Crab Base SF-321
Cook’s Delight® Simply Ham Base OM-844
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 tbsp Cook’s Delight® Crab Soup Base
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp Cook’s Delight® Ham Soup Base
- 1 - 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 - 1/2 cups finely chopped leeks (white and pale parts only; 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 - 3/4 pounds white peeled potatoes - cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsps (1/4 stick) butter
- 6 ozs fresh chanterelle mushrooms - thickly sliced
- 2 tbsps dry Sherry (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley (for decoration)
Cook’s Delight® Supreme Crab Base
Cook’s Delight® Simply Ham Soup Base OM-844
Cut kernels off of corncobs. Set kernels aside. Combine cobs, Cook’s Delight® Crab Soup Base, water, and cream in heavy large saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add Cook’s Delight® Ham Soup Base and dissolve. Add onion, leeks, celery, and fennel seeds to pot. Sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in potatoes.
Discard cobs from cream mixture: strain cream mixture into potato mixture. Simmer until potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in corn kernels. Simmer chowder until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in Sherry and thyme. Add mushroom mixture to chowder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add crabmeat to chowder and heat through, about 4 minutes. Ladle chowder into bowls and top with fresh parsley if desired.