Vegetable Cheese Soup Recipe
The variety of vegetables in this recipe combined with Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base make a mouth-watering comfort food vegetarian soup that is packed with flavor. Scale up the recipe and freeze for later! Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|6||Lunch||Vegetarian||Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base VG-939|
- 1 large potato - peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot - peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery - chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium white onion - chopped
- 4 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (mix 1 3/4 tsp of Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base Added with 2 cups hot water)
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- minced fresh parsley
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Chicken Style Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. Place the first 3 vegetables and water in a small covered saucepan and heat to boiling.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 10 to 12 minutes. Set vegetables and their liquid aside.
3. In a medium soup pot, saute onion in butter 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually whisk in Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock and cream. Stirring continuously, cook until thickened, but not boiling, over low heat.
4. Stir in cheese until melted. Add reserved vegetables and their liquid. Season with parsley and paprika. Reheat soup until hot. Best when served within the hour.