Vegetarian Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe
The cheese tortellini in this soup makes it popular and the added vegetables make it a treat! Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base provides the perfectly flavored stock. Vegetable soup base is available on Amazon in individual quantities.
This Recipe Is:
|8||Lunch||Vegetarian, Gluten-free if appropriate pasta is used||Cook’s Delight® Vegan Supreme Vegetable Soup Base VG-839|
- 1 – 16-oz bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 8 cups Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock (mix 8 tsp Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Soup Base with 8 cups boiling water)
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 box of frozen spinach
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook’s Delight® Organic Vegetable Soup Base
Cook’s Delight® Vegan Vegetable Soup Base
Step by Step Instructions
1. In a stockpot, saute butter and garlic until just golden brown. Add Cook’s Delight® Vegetable Stock and basil. Bring to a boil.
2. Add tortellini to boiling stock and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add frozen spinach and stewed tomatoes.
4. Turn off stove. Stir in Parmesan cheese and let soup sit for about 10 minutes or until the spinach is hot.
5. Serve immediately. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top, if desired. Can be frozen.